FacebookTwitterDiggDeliciousStumbleuponGoogle BookmarksRedditNewsvineTechnoratiMixxPinterest
Pin It

[original facebook post 1/26/14]

Parts in hand, Hotplate in pieces, it's time to start on some software.   I wired it up on the breadboard, but wasn't really happy with the switches, they seemed too big.   I started researching ideas, abandoned the switches and went with capacitive touch instead.

I started by manually etching a board with my trusty dremel tool, and added it to the breadboard... plus a few hours of software.. and here we have the basic UI of one surface element of what will be my newly rebuilt stove.

Then wanted to see what i could do in a closer-to-final product form factor, so I took some PC board material and built up a box to put around the display and hold the the 4 touch buttons.   So some few hours later I had a decent proof-of-concept prototype working quite well....